Serving your health
2100 Executive Drive
Hampton, VA 23666
Accepting New Patients: Yes
Dr. Debra Chinnery
Dr. Debra F. Chinnery, of Suffolk Virginia, is currently employed with Divine Health Care in Hampton Virginia. She enjoys the practice of medicine with her husband, Dr. Lind W. Chinnery. She is a graduate of the George Washington University with a doctorate degree in higher education and administration from the graduate school of education and human development. Her dissertation topic
“The extent to which equal opportunity has been provided to eligible disabled students by colleges and universities”. She is a graduate of Hampton University with a bachelor of science in nursing granted in 1985, and a master’s degree in advance adult nursing with emphasis in the role of primary care ambulatory nurse practitioner in 1988. She holds certifications as an adult and family nurse practitioner in Virginia.
Dr. Debra Chinnery is the chief executive officer and president of Hampton Roads Healthcare Solutions, Inc. This is a newly formed non-profit organization that is dedicated to providing culturally competent support services and medical resources to under-served and unserved minority populations impacted by the following health care issues: high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, diabetes, obesity and weight control management. In addition, to the aforementioned health care issues, special emphasis is placed on the provision of services and care for people living with HIV/AIDS.
Dr. Chinnery has held the position as adjunct faculty at Hampton University, working in the nursing center as a family nurse practitioner. She participated in a grant awarded to the Hampton University by the U.S. Department of health and human services division of nursing, to teach school nurses physical assessment. Dr. Chinnery has honed her skills in multiple settings from cardiology to pediatrics. She has a true dedication and love for the profession that is inculcated by her relentless desire for education, knowledge and health prevention opportunities.
- Other research interest:
- An international approach: an assessment of teachers with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder students in mainstream primary classrooms in Saudi Arabia
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and the law that governs higher education and administration programs
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and the educational armamentarium
Her noteworthy professional and civic affiliations:
- Who’s Who in American nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc.; named Ms. Chi Eta Phi of 1993, Tau Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Awards and Accolades:
- Recipient of the Chi Eta Phi Sorority “glowing lamp award” in 2001.
- Nursing leadership award in 2004.
- Recipient of Hampton University’s school of nursing excellence in caring for families’ award in 2004.
- Manchester Who’s Who among Executive and Professional Women, nurse practitioners in 2005/2006 “Honors Edition”.
- She is a member of Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners Tidewater Regional Group (VCNP), the American Association of University of Women (AAUW), and Virginia Nurses Association (VNA).
- She is the wife of Lind W. Chinnery, MD, FACP president of tidewater internal medicine associates of Hampton, and the proud mother of three, Dwain, Denisha and Kourtney.
- Dr. Debra Chinnery and her family are members of Grove Baptist church in Suffolk where Dr. Melvin O. Mariner is pastor.